Garage floor painting has become more common thanks to the fascinating results that can be achieved if quality work is done and with the right materials. For this reason, contemplating applying paint to your garage floor will allow you to forget about the unpleasant dirt and dust that tend to adhere to them.
Which is the best garage floor painting?
For this type of project, there are many options with the intention of covering the great part of the existing needs; however, when it comes to garage flooring, the most suitable one should be selected. In this sense, there are 2 types of paint that can meet the required requirements; these are:
- Epoxy paint: it´s made from chemical components that guarantee high resistance. Therefore, it´s ideal for rustic floors and surfaces as they have the ability to withstand high traffic. In addition, it´s very durable and maintenance can be carried out in a few years after its application.
- Standard latex acrylic: it´s a relatively inexpensive type of paint so many are inclined to this alternative when buying paint for the floor of their garage. However, the useful time of it´s not very long and could cause the paint to peel off over time and with the transit of people and objects.
Making a comparison between both types of paint, the most recommended for garage floors is epoxy paint thanks to the many advantages it offers in terms of resistance and durability over time.
Recommendations to follow to apply garage floor painting in your home or business
Deep cleaning and surface repair:
Before applying paint, the floor should be properly prepared so that it can adhere properly and not come off easily. The activities corresponding to the preparation of the surface contemplate the elimination of any type of dirt such as dust, oils, glue and any other element that prevents the correct adhesion of the paint.
In the case of finding stains or any type of extra strong dirt, degreasing or solvent materials can be applied to help eliminate this type of element. Additionally, it may be necessary to use a brush and exert force on the surface to help dirt come off more easily and in less time.
Filling existing holes and cracks in the cement floor:
Normally, most garage floors tend to form cracks or openings over time due to the expiration of the material and the high traffic that they normally must withstand. That is why it´s essential to completely correct and eliminate all imperfections and holes in the floor before applying the paint.
Some cracks or holes are usually minimal, and any suitable filler material can be used to fill all gaps. In the event that the imperfections are very large, it´s best to use cement to cover the spaces in their entirety. It´s important to sand or finish the filled spaces properly so that they don´t clash with the floor and go completely unnoticed.
In the areas where the filler material has been applied, it´s important to allow a certain time for it to dry properly. The drying time will depend on the material used and the recommendations provided by each manufacturer.
Once the surface is completely dry and evenly smooth, a primer material should be applied so that the paint can adhere properly. After applying the primer, wait the time recommended by the manufacturer. Respecting the times in each step is vital to ensure a quality final job.
Application of final paint with brush or roller:
Now the floor is prepared and ready to paint, in this step you must have selected the type of paint to use. As mentioned previously, epoxy is the most suitable for garage floor painting.
To apply the paint, certain steps must be followed, which may vary, but it´s best to paint the side ends first with the help of a brush and then continue the internal part with the help of a roller.
The epoxy paint has very good coverage and the quality that will be observed once the first coat is applied will be very pleasant. However, it´s advisable to apply a second coat which must be done in the opposite direction to the first to guarantee excellent coverage.
After applying the second coat of epoxy paint, what remains is to wait for proper drying. In general, most of the paints on the market recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours, but it´s always advisable to follow the instructions and recommendations of the brand selected for each case.
Why hire a professional service?
- They have years of experience and adapting to different demands and changes in the market.
- A good organization has prices that are difficult to beat by small companies, painters who work in a private way and the rest of the competition, thanks to the fact that they have been in the market much longer.
- The reputation is verifiable thanks to the number of clients they have acquired over time and who can attest to the quality of service and work.
- They have numerous workers with the ability to give a quick response and complete the scheduled jobs according to the demands of their clients and always respecting the agreed time.
- The estimates they generate for their clients are generally free and the response to requests is very fast.
- They carry out an adequate preliminary cleaning job thanks to the knowledge and experience acquired over time.
- The work done is 100% guaranteed; therefore, you will be able to contract the services with total security and without regrets.
- A good organization preserves the idea that the safety and health of everyone involved in the work performed must come first.
Hire quality to see optimal results
Definitely, when it comes to a project that includes garage floor painting, you should consider hiring an expert team that can meet all the necessary requirements and that complies at the same time with the corresponding good condition. In this way, once the project is finished, you will have a unique finish with guaranteed quality.