Paint Your Floors With Painting In Colour Team
If you have a concrete floor and don’t want to cover it up with carpet or wooden floors, but still want something that looks good, then painting the floor is one of your options.
We at Painting In Colour offer high-quality painting services for concrete floors at affordable prices. Our team has years of experience in this field so we know how to get desired results while keeping costs low. We use only top-quality products including paints from Fleetwood and Johnstone’s paints that will last long without peeling off or fading away.
All our staff are well-trained professionals who will make sure everything is done according to your requirements and within the time frame specified by you. You can trust us because we value customer satisfaction above anything else!
How Concrete Floor Painting Benefits
Not having a painted floor in your garage or basement can make it hard to keep clean. It’s also harder for you to find things like car oil spills because of the dark color of concrete floors.
Concrete floors are a popular choice for home and business owners because they are economical, easy to clean, and durable. However, the problem is that concrete can be cold on the feet when it’s not covered with carpeting or some other type of covering.
Painting In Colour’s concrete floor painting service will help you solve this problem by transforming your bare concrete floor into something warm, cozy, and comfortable. The paint we use is tough enough to handle heavy foot traffic without showing signs of wear easily. It also doesn’t scratch as easily as regular paint when furniture is moved around or cleaning products such as bleach or chemicals are used regularly in your area.
Quality Finish Means Everlasting Smoothness
In order to achieve a perfect finish on your concrete floors, you must choose the best type of paint and apply it using professional equipment. Otherwise, you may end up with an unsatisfactory result that will require further maintenance works afterward. But there’s an easy solution to this problem.
We are specialists in concrete floor painting, which provides durable results with long-lasting protection against moisture and other chemical agents such as acid rain and rusting due to humidity. All work will be done with high-quality products that meet international standards so you can count on us to provide excellent service at affordable prices!
Currently, the variety of paints available on the market for concrete floors offer a range of characteristics that highlight the final result; for example:
- Guarantee high resistance.
- Provide antibacterial coatings.
- Ensure heavy and safe traffic.
- Protect the surface with antifungal coatings.
And the most important thing is that all these characteristics apply to any floor; that is, they can be for commercial, residential, and even industrial use.
How to prepare the surface to apply concrete floor painting?
If you want a final impact finish, it´s important to respect and comply with certain steps that must be carried out before applying the paint:
- Carefully remove all the dust and grease residues that are adhering to it from the surface, this can be done by simply washing the floor brushing consistently with soap and water. You can also use a power washer, with this tool the work will be much faster and more efficient.
- If the surface has a lot of dirt or extremely strong grease, the use of a degreaser can be a great help.
- If the surface has had glued-bonded vinyl floors or carpets laid, it´s important to remove all traces of glue from the place.
- Existing holes or cracks in the surface to be worked must be covered or previously covered with concrete to have a surface that is as even as possible. It´s important to allow the concrete to dry properly before starting to paint.
- In the case of applied concrete or areas that are slightly rough, it should be sanded carefully to obtain a finish that is as smooth as possible.
- Clean the surface once more using a vacuum cleaner or a damp towel to remove any residual dust.
In the case of floors that are indoors, the ideal is to place a sealant as the last layer to give the surface greater shine. Also, the sealant provides additional protection to the final finish.
What types of paint are there for concrete floor painting?
Concrete floors should not be painted with any paint, it´s important to select the one that best suits according to the different types that exist:
- Acrylic: its base is made up of different acrylic resins to provide resistance to the final finish and to make it ideal in those cases where continuous and heavy traffic is required. Due to its toughness, it´s often ideal for warehouse and garage floors.
- Synthetic: its formula is composed of various chemical materials that ensure very good durability. It has the peculiarity that it can be decomposed with a synthetic solvent. Thanks to the durability it provides, it´s often widely used in places where there are large numbers of people or objects; such as warehouses, company yards, among others.
- Bicomponent resins: in addition to acrylic and synthetic paints, there are paints based on bicomponent resins which require a hardening element for their correct application, these types of paints are classified into the following subtypes:
- Polyurethane: it can generate a fast drying effect when in contact with a humid space. Besides, it offers a very resistant finish. Thanks to its consistency and final finish, it´s perfect for areas with certain irregularities on their surface.
- Epoxy: it´s a type of paint that is widely used to protect the surface from wear thanks to the properties that characterize it. Thanks to the epoxy resin with which it´s made, it provides very good chemical resistance to certain corrosive components such as water and some acids. Also, its glossy finish makes it attractive to apply in those cases where you want to protect and decorate at the same time.
What paint to use according to the type of concrete floor?
Not only it´s necessary to know the types of existing paints for the concrete floor and thus be able to select the most suitable for our project, but it´s also important to recognize the concrete material to determine which is the type of paint according to it.
The most common materials for concrete floors are:
- Exterior laminate floors: for this type of floor the most recommended paint is synthetic since it´s the one that offers the greatest resistance since; outdoor floors generally have high traffic.
- Cement, brick, or concrete: they are suitable for both acrylic, synthetic, and resin paints from two components. It´s important to consider that for the floors of these materials that are new, a minimum time of approximately 3 months must be waited before applying the paint.
- Non-porous floors: bicomponent resins are the best for the type of floors that don´t have any porosity.
- Porous surfaces: any type of paint applied to them; be it resin, acrylic, or based on bicomponent resins, will be well tolerated by this type of flooring since surfaces made of materials such as stone or any other that is porous will have a very good bond between both thanks to the permeability of each material.
- Interior flooring made from laminate and wood: acrylic paint and resin paints with bicomponent are the most suitable for these materials. Also, it´s important to properly clean the surface to finally apply a primer.
The primer is a previous product that is applied to the surface before painting it, it consists of coating the area to prepare them for the final painting process. Some cases don´t need this priming process and others do. When in doubt, it´s advisable to always seek professional advice to ensure proper work.
Safety & Precautions
Painting work is not easy. Not just the job but the materials also involve special attention. For example, the paint can be harmful to you and your family members, especially kids. However, we are here to help you with our high-quality painting services in Dublin.
We understand your concerns and are here to help you with our safety protocol. Our goal is to provide the best service possible while maintaining a safe working environment for everyone involved. Safety & Precautions will ensure that we stay on top of the job, make sure it’s done right, and keep you informed throughout the whole project.
We provide all of the necessary safety gear including masks, gloves, earplugs, eye protection, etc., as well as any other tools needed for each job like ladders and scaffolding. Our team members are also fully trained on how to handle unexpected situations that may occur during a project so that your property isn’t harmed unnecessarily. All of this comes at an affordable price because we believe everyone deserves access to quality service without breaking the bank!
Lastly, we appreciate some precautions on the client’s side in order to get a smooth job finishing without any incidents. Please remember-
- Please don’t stray near the surfaces after the paint is applied.
- Don’t inhale paints, please ask for safety masks before entering the spray room.
- Don’t use the floor until it’s completely dry. Floor paints dry quickly and leaves no stickiness after it’s dry. Please have patience for the time being.
- Don’t let your children and pets near the painting tools to prevent any unwanted accidents.
Let’s do it
It is important to have the basic knowledge to select the right type of paint according to the specific area to be painted, the surface material, and the finish you want to achieve. In the same way, it´s best to always have professional staff in the area, this will make the concrete floor painting the best and the final result will last over time.